Friday, March 5, 2010

Open Nacho Bar

I really try not to cook whenever possible. Yesterday I really didn't want to go all out for dinner. So, I came up with a meal idea that didn't flop! I am sure some other smart wife has done this also, but none have shared this with me. For dinner we did a nacho bar! It came out very tasty and was fun for the kids because they were able to create their own. This was especially easy because I had some leftover ground beef. I had about 12 oz of beef and it was more than enough for a family of four (our baby doesn't really like meat or tortilla chips, but loves shredded cheese!!!) This was super easy and GF!!! (I love Mexican food for that very reason :-) ) I didn't measure anything (except the beef because it was in a container that has measurements on it, haha). You can get very creative. I would have liked to add beans and Spanish rice, but I am the only one that eats those.

My Ingredients:
Tostitos Tortilla Chips
Pico de Gallo
Green Onions
Cilantro (we love cilantro!)
Ground Beef cooked
Mexican Mix Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream

Place chips in bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Please make sure all your ingredients are gf if you are on a gf diet.

It was tasty. I heated for 30 seconds in the microwave to melt the cheese slightly and then added sour cream on top. I was supposed to use avocado also, but forgot. I didn't take any pictures, because I didn't think it would turn out so great. The family loved it and we will surely eat this again.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Yummy! You are becoming quite the gourmet cook my amiga ;-)