Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Moments

Today was moving along nicely until about 3:30. That is when my two oldest come off of the bus. Everything suddenly begins to move at high speeds. This evening was spent reading seven books to them and then rushing to make dinner while my baby is crying for me to hold her. Trying to be creative for dinner, I decide to take a normal recipe and not only make it gf, but also change the cooking directions. Hmmm, this sounded great at the time. Well, it was a pretty big flop, but I managed to save some. The plus side of all this was that my son actually requested a second helping, plus desert, plus cereal. He didn't quite finish his second helping or the cereal, but I have no memory of him ever asking for a second helping or for more food after desert. Very big victory! On top of that he tells us that he ate all of his lunch. So we are feeling increasingly grateful for gf foods. Here comes bedtime 30 mins. late and I am ready to go to bed myself, but my oldest wants me to put curlers in her hair for tomorrow. Yesterday I said I would do it today and feeling guilty about my promise, I put curlers in her even though we are way past schedule. And you know, it was completely wonderful and relaxing. I am curling her hair, having mother/daughter talk, and listening to her sing. Listening to your child sing is just amazing and you can't help but have a better day; even at the end of it. God has blessed me with these moments and I know that this is where He wants me.

No comments: